| Build Health International (BHI) is a rapidly growing global health organization committed to health equity for all. BHI is looking for a motivated, creative, and mission-driven candidate to serve as a Medical Oxygen Content Development Manager for BHI’s medical oxygen program. The position will be responsible for leading the development and management of BHI’s international medical oxygen multimedia and publication resources including educational content, instructional videos, technical training materials, and awareness. This role will collaborate with members of BHI’s international medical oxygen team–as well as with BHI architects, engineers, project managers,and external partners–with a primary focus on promoting BHI as a technical leader and resource in the international medical oxygen space.
Over the last two years as the international health community has looked toward actionable ways to expand oxygen access, BHI has been uniquely positioned to lead the implementation of sustainable infrastructure solutions; to treat COVID-19; and to strengthen health systems in the long-run for partners such as The Global Fund, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the World Health Organization (WHO), the Skoll Foundation, Partners in Health (PIH) and others. We are excited to add a role with a content development focus to our growing international team.
About BHI: BHI promotes global equity by building high-quality health infrastructure in resource-constrained countries. Founded in 2014, BHI is a dynamic organization that is growing rapidly to address unmet needs for health facility improvements in response to COVID-19 and other pressing public health challenges. BHI’s medical oxygen program builds on its unique expertise in the construction and repair of hospitals, clinics, and other health infrastructure in low-and middle-income countries (LMICs). COVID-19 has promoted a phase of rapid growth for BHI’s medical oxygen program.
BHI’s Approach: BHI optimizes outcomes in a climate of scarcity, enabling our partners to provide care to those who need it most. We work to make each healthcare facility part of robust public healthcare systems that will provide long-term quality, accessible, and affordable care to local communities.
- Beyond Infrastructure: Focused on providing dignified healthcare and bringing partners together to increase impact for patients, clinicians, and communities worldwide.
- Local Talent: Recruiting, training, and partnering with local labor and medical staff impacts economic development and facility longevity.
- Energy Efficiency: Stable electricity is one of the most significant barriers to improving health systems and services in low-resource settings; we aim to provide affordable, efficient, and operationally effective sources.
- Sustainability: Our multidisciplinary team and collaborative partners plan, design, and construct innovative solutions impacting health and environmental outcomes.
- Lead the development of comprehensive multimedia content that captures BHI’s technical expertise in medical oxygen that can be shared publicly for diverse audiences across low- and middle-income countries (LMICS).
- Collaborate closely with BHI’s growing international team of medical oxygen technicians to produce videos, seminars, trainings, graphics, and written publications that can be used to educate global partners and advocate for healthcare infrastructure.
- Partner with BHI’s Communications Manager and external relations team members to contribute to social media strategies across LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Medium to engage a diverse audience and promote awareness around oxygen activities.
- Identify new communications channels, platforms, and events that can best deliver Build Health International’s technical content and messaging to strategically important audiences.
- Organize and host live webinars and video series that feature BHI’s field experts and specific technical topics that can serve as education, advocacy, and promotional tools.
- Collaborate across BHI departments to identify, craft, and showcase compelling stories that convey BHI’s mission as it relates to medical oxygen.
- Participate in opportunities to expand owned and earned media that strategically builds a portfolio of contacts, increased exposure through op-eds, radio/TV interviews, etc.
- Oversee all updates and lead any redesign of BHI’s medical oxygen website and technical content
- Develop and execute strategies to build awareness by and engagement of potential partners, donors, and other external audiences.
- Manage international content development specialist staff (future) and associated international contractors that partner with BHI to capture and produce video content from field visits.
- Willingness to work on multiple projects across multiple sites at the discretion of BHI
- Willingness to work collaboratively with a multi-cultural site team of international engineers and contractors.
- Work with BHI’s Communications Manager to track and evaluate earned and owned media metrics related to oxygen outreach.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of relevant communications, visual media, marketing, public health, or project management experience required, preferably in an international setting.
- Ability to communicate influentially through various channels to attain buy-in and support for Build Health International’s global impact.
- Strong attention to detail and track record of building creative concepts.
- Proficiency in content designing, including the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro) and Canva.
- Experience with marketing tools and photo/video editing software.
- Willingness to build partnerships and successful collaborations on an internal and external level with diverse individuals.
- Ability to balance independent and collaborative work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
- Ability to successfully adjust plans and goals based on the changing landscape of resources, opportunities, and strategy.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated interest in current and emerging issues in global health or international development.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally to project sites.
- Strong interest in to learn about oxygen systems in LMICS.
- Fluency in English. Proficiency in other languages is a plus.
Location: The Content Development Manager can be remote, though may require occasional travel to the BHI office in Beverly, Massachusetts or international project sites.
Compensation: Competitive base salary commensurate with experience.
Duration: This position is currently being offered as a 10 to 12-month term position, with the potential for renewal at the end of the term pending additional project funding.
BHI is committed to providing equal opportunity in the workplace. BHI will make all employment and other placement decisions without regard to non-job-related factors such as race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. Applies to all areas, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and benefits.
Application: To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume online to https://www.buildhealthinternational.org/were-hiring/