|Build Health International (BHI) is looking for a full-time Office Assistant with administrative skills who will report to the Office Manager and be responsible for the professional and efficient management of office operations for BHI’s growing team. The position will be the first point of contact for calls, messages, in-person visitors and manage a variety of responsibilities that support administration, operations, facilities and projects across the organization.
BHI is a unique non-profit organization whose mission is to improve access to and build capacity for dignified, affordable and high-quality healthcare in resource constraint settings by providing specialized expertise and enhancing health care infrastructure.
- Exhibits genuine interest in BHI’s mission and diverse international work
- Stationed at the reception desk, interact with visitors, employees, vendors, service providers, customers, and partners
- Manage incoming calls and other communications
- Purchase and maintain inventory of office and kitchen supplies
- Organize and maintain office common areas ensuring that areas are equipped with supplies as needed
- Resolve office-related malfunctions to copiers and other equipment working with suppliers and IT
- Coordinate events as requested
- Order food for meetings and office events including set up and clean-up of area
- Schedule office maintenance vendors
- Perform general office duties including errands and other administrative tasks
- Assists HR Specialist/Office Manager with onboarding, scheduling, interviews, selected correspondence and other requests maintaining confidentiality of organizations personnel and related information
- Assist with BHI’s global travel requests ensuring efficient and cost-effective procurement of airline tickets, lodging and other travel logistics updating flight tracker
- Oversee credit card receipts of selected individuals ensuring they are sent to accounting in a timely manner
- Maintain and update company documents and files, ensuring accuracy and validity of information including but not limited to recruiting, projects, scheduling, contact list etc.
- Assist in preparing internal meetings and trainings along with scheduling and coordinating meetings via Zoom; and Google meet as assigned
- Assist in scheduling cleaners and visitors at BHI’s apartment
Skills / Qualifications / Experience:
- Associate’s degree, high school diploma, or equivalent work experience
- Proficient knowledge of Google and Microsoft Office
- Well-organized, flexible, detail oriented and able to multitask
- Strong writing skills and oral communication skills
- Good moral character, mature judgment, and a strong sense of responsibility and dedication
- Strong people skills exhibiting a positive and enthusiastic style with customer service orientation
- Experience working in a team setting with broadly diverse people and a strong belief in diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Interest and belief in BHI’s mission
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience as an office assistant or in a related field is a plus
- Bilingual (Spanish/English or French /English) fluency (verbal and written) is a highly desired but not required
Location: The Office Assistant will be based at the BHI office in Beverly, Massachusetts and is a full-time position with no remote options.
Compensation: Competitive base salary commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Health, dental, disability, 401(k), and vacation
Application: To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Laura Roaen email@example.com.
BHI is committed to providing equal opportunity in the workplace and has a zero tolerance for harassment of any kind (see our Anti-Harassment Policy). BHI will make all employment and other placement decisions without regard to non-job-related factors such as race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. This applies to all areas, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and benefits.