|Build Health International is a unique nonprofit organization working in low-resource settings to develop infrastructure solutions that elevate the quality and accessibility of healthcare worldwide. BHI designs, builds, maintains, and provides clinical and operational consulting for healthcare facilities in low and middle-income countries. BHI has worked in over 70 countries and is dedicated to partnering with local ministries of health and NGOs that provide high-quality, accessible treatment to the most vulnerable populations. Grounded in commitments to sustainability, health equity, and local capacity building. BHI is focused on creating a real, tangible impact that will last for years to come.
In order to support our expanding portfolio of design-build projects, we are seeking an ambitious and passionate Financial Controller. In this role, the candidate will support and collaborate closely with our Architecture, Engineering, Construction, and Finance Departments.
- Work with the Director of Finance to document and implement an internal control system that continuously monitors areas of financial control, identifies problems and implements corrective actions.
- Prepare interim financial statements.
- Maintain general ledger, subsidiary ledgers, and other accounting records needed for the preparation of financial statements and other related financial data and post journal entries.
- Update the chart of accounts, vendor listing, and accounting reporting system as needed.
- Collect supporting documents for payment of vendor invoices and grants.
- Consolidate the organization’s entities on a quarterly basis.
- Process or supervise the processing of all accounts payable and receivable transactions, billings, and cash receipts in a paperless work environment.
- Maintain daily cash schedule and assist with cash flow forecasting.
- Ensure preparation of bank account reconciliations and general ledger account analysis and reconciliation.
- Ensure accuracy of the bi-monthly payroll and maintenance of all payroll records in relationship to ADP.
- Working with the Director of Finance, ensure accurate management of grants, contracts, project, and tax reporting matters.
- Gains a good understanding of project budgets and provides budget feedback to project managers as needed.
- Learn and understand the unique financial status of each project and provide support with cost-to-date and cost-to-complete as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong understanding of finance and accounting practices
- Grants management experience.
- Mastery of accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles in a thorough understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), internal controls, and financial reporting.
- Annual budget and audit prep experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work well with diverse populations.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Values high-quality work products.
- Strong work ethic and financial aptitude.
- Essential computer skills and expert software knowledge in QuickBooks, Adobe, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Word, working knowledge of ADP and Concur platforms.
- Enjoys and thrives in dynamic, growing environments and adapts to change with ease.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities with the ability and skills to succeed in a team environment.
- Experience in international development, construction, and/or project management is a plus.
- At least 3 years of controllership experience with the organization(s) of $6-10 million in annual revenue
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- CPA is highly preferred.
- Proficiency in languages other than English is a plus (Spanish and French preferred)
Compensation: Competitive base salary commensurate with experience, as well as health, dental, disability, 401(k), and vacation benefits.
BHI is committed to providing equal opportunity in the workplace. BHI will make all employment and other placement decisions without regard to non-job-related factors such as race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. Applies to all areas, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and benefits.
Application: To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume online to https://www.buildhealthinternational.org/were-hiring/